Apply to Become a Stoneleigh Fellow!
We are currently accepting Letters of Interest in response to our most recent Request for Letters.
As the first step in our process, we ask that you submit a Letter of Interest (LOI) describing the rationale for your Fellowship and what you hope to achieve. Before beginning your LOI, please carefully review our program overview detailed Fellowship guidelines, priorities, funding restrictions, selection criteria and more.
Issues of Interest
We are currently seeking Letters of Interest that focus on one or more of the following issues:
- Developing cross-system approaches to better serve youth
- Addressing factors that can lead to child welfare or juvenile justice involvement
- Incorporating emerging research into practice
- Applying an intersectional approach to improving youth outcomes
- Reducing youth violence through targeted prevention or intervention
LOIs should be limited to two pages, single-spaced, with 1-inch margins and a standard sans serif 12-point font (e.g., Calibri, Arial, Helvetica). The LOI should provide:
- A brief description of the specific issue you seek to address.
A description of the design, scope, and overall goals and deliverables of the project. Specifically, please explain:
- How the project addresses the problem statement, and how it will add value to the field.
- How this approach differs from and/or complements other related work in Greater Philadelphia or nationally.
- What existing relationships you have with the systems targeted by the project. (Which key organizations, institutions, and individuals will you need as partners on your project, and have they have agreed to work with you? Who is already committed? Who needs to be brought in?)
Once you have completed your LOI, click here to provide the following information via a brief online form:
- Name, current professional affiliation/title (if applicable), and contact information;
- One-sentence project description;
- Host organization name;
- Estimated annual Fellowship cost for salary and direct project expenses;
- Preferred Fellowship start date; and
- How you heard about this opportunity.
After completing the form, you will be prompted to upload your resume or CV and your completed LOI in pdf format. The submission deadline is 5 pm on Friday, March 3, 2017.
- Applicants will be notified whether they have been approved to move into the interview phase by Friday, March 24, 2017.
- Interview finalists will be asked to submit full proposals that include more detailed project descriptions (including timelines and associated deliverables), project budgets, and relevant letters of support.
- Staff will work with candidates to finalize a projected Fellowship start date.
- Projects are approved by Stoneleigh's Board of Directors at quarterly meetings that take place in early March, June, September, and December.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.